sábado, setembro 10, 2005

Paris, Paris!!!

Yesterday I went to bed thinking that this morning I would wake up and head to Paris and that is exactly what I did, however it was pouring rain!!! I'm not sure how the temperature can vary so much in such a short period of time. When I got here on Thursday, it was really hot, temperature was around 27 degrees and one could not stand staying in the room and today everyone was already wearing a sweater...I just hope it does not become too cold soon!

I went together with Mike, Stacy (an exchange student from Thunderbird in the USA) and Elissa (another exchange student from Mexico).

Despite the rain, we had a great time there and it just felt great to have the feeling of being so close to Paris. We left the campus at around 11am and just got back - it is almost 10:30pm here.

We walked a lot - St. Germain de Pres, Louvre, Rue de Rivoli, Champs Elysees, Hotel de Ville and finally back to Jouy en Josas.

Regretably our student budget did not allow us to go for extravaganzzas, however just the fact of being in Paris and being able to sit in a bistro and have a nice lunch and drink wine cheaper than water is quite nice!

Orientation week will start on Monday and I have my first class already on Tuesday and everyone is scaring us saying that we won't have much freetime during the first semester, hence I'd better take the opportunity to enjoy the time off I have now!

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

Alan! Assisti o filme "Albergue Espanhol" este fim de semana, e lembrei de vc. É sobre um estudante Eramus na Espanha. Pra quem passou pela experiencia de ser um estudante estrangeiro, o filme é ótimo. Se não viu ainda, veja e me conte.
beijo,
Tati
PS. Devo ir pra europa em Janeiro, no casamento de um amigo na Finlandia, com certeza, passo por Paris na ida ou na volta