segunda-feira, setembro 05, 2005

Chez Darine


Yesterday I was invited to Darine’s house for lunch and, as usual, I had a wonderful time with her and her parents Antoine and Nohad - truly adorable and hospitable people.

We were seven people for lunch, however Nohad cooked enough food for at least 30 people. We sat and ate for six hours!!! Nuts, kebbeh, sambousik, esfiha, hommos, tabouleh, rocca salad, tomato and cucumber salad, stuffed eggplant and stuffed zucchini, tomato with garlic cream, potato with coriander and barbecue; fruits and Arabic ice cream for dessert and coffee to end the banquet (naturally Nohad read my cup after I drank it ;-) The consequences were that lunch was my only meal of the day and I could not touch food after I left Darine’s house, which is situated in Mount Lebanon.

Mike and I had agreed to go out with his mom and his sister-in-law and her kids for dinner and we actually did that, however all we did was watch them eat.

This situation reminded me when Andréa came from Curitiba to spend Easter with us…we ate so much that at the end of the day we needed to pass by a pharmacy to buy one of these medications that help on digesting, which I brought with me and they came just in hand yesterday.

Um comentário:

Anônimo disse...

Heeeee! Alanildo! Não pode ver comida né?!

Beijo
Juquildas