domingo, setembro 18, 2005

Journée Européene du Patrimonie 2005

I had quite a busy Orientation Week at HEC with a lot of new information to digest - new courses, bureaucracy to arrange the "carte de séjour", speeches (some very nice ones I must say; the highlight was the one with an alumni currently CEO of Capgemini, Pierre Danon).

The Bureau des Elèves (BDE) or Student Body organized parties every night for us and on Friday we had a pub crawl in Paris at the Quartier Latin, so we could gather with second-year MBA students and our class.

On Friday I went again to Paris, it was the "Journee Europeene du Patrimonie" or the National Patrimony Day and some of the most important sites of the city were open for the public for free.

I headed to the Grand Palais, which has just reopened after undergoing a huge reconstruction effort (http://www.rmn.fr/galeriesnationalesdugrandpalais/index.html). Regretably there was no special exposition, but the place itself is worth the visit.

The weather has been extremely nice and both Saturday and Sunday had blue skies with plenty of sunshine (a bit cold though...but still beautiful), so after leaving the Grand Palais, I just headed to Boulevard St. Germain for a walk and then bought tkts to see the opera Rusalka at the Opera Bastille next week (for a mere nine Euros).

This week I have a busy schedule, mainly taken by a workshop called Negosim where our class has been divided into groups and we'll have to run a business (further details after I'm done with the class).

By the way, I finally managed to get Skipe working on my pc and it felt wonderful to hear my family's voice on the phone today!

Nenhum comentário: